At Copenhagenize Design Co. we have the pleasure of having Ivan Conte interning for us for six months. Ivan is from Italy and he is working on his thesis whilst working with us.
Ivan is producing a series of ten films and this is the first. We wanted to explore the Top 10 Design Elements that make Copenhagen a bicycle-friendly city.
What does it take? What are the design ingredients that have been mixed together to create the bicycle-friendly Copenhagen outside our office windows?
In this first episode we talk about the Big Picture. The design of an overall network of bicycle infrastructure that prioritizes cycling, encourages citizens to choose the bicycle and that keeps them safe.
The Big Picture is the key. As we get through the other design elements episodes we'll explore the details. But this is where we start.
We'll roll out the other episodes over the next eight weeks.
FILM SERIES: TOP TEN DESIGN ELEMENTS IN BICYCLE-FRIENDLY COPENHAGEN
- EPISODE 01 - THE BIG PICTURE
- EPISODE 02 - THE GREEN WAVE
- EPISODE 03 - INTERMODALITY
- EPISODE 04 - SAFETY DETAILS
- EPISODE 05 - NØRREBROGADE
- EPISODE 06 - MACRO DESIGN
- EPISODE 07 - MICRO DESIGN
- EPISODE 08 - CARGO BIKES
- EPISODE 09 - DESIRE LINES
- EPISODE 10 - POLITICAL WILL